The benefits of acupuncture
- Animal acupuncture is natural and safe for pets of all ages
- Home visits mean minimal stress for your pet
- Treatment is very gentle and pain free
- Acupuncture can safely be added to any other therapy
- Your pet will feel more balanced and happy
When is acupuncture most effective?
- Arthritis: For example in cases where conventional pain relief is not enough. Click here to read more.
- Paresis/paralysis: electro-acupuncture has shown to aid recovery of damaged nerve cells as well as reduce pain. Click here to read more.
- Chronic diarrhea: for example caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Skin conditions: for example acral lick granuloma.
- Epilepsy: patients on medication but who are still getting seizures, or patients who have adverse reactions to seizure drugs.
- Anxiety/stress: acupuncture can have great results when combined with behavioural therapy and calming/relaxing medicines
- Grieving/depression: if an animal is old and everything starts to work a bit less well, they can often appear less happy, or even depressed. Acupuncture can be a great way to bring the spark back in these patients